Art, Design, Media and Floristry at Newcastle-under-Lyme Collge




Monday 9 July 2012

Student of the Year Award


NULC hosted its first Celebration Event, on Wednesday 27 June, the awards were given in 11 different categories which recognised academic achievement, personal achievement, services to the College and the community.
Daniel Paddick, aged 21 from Bignall End studies the Level 3Extended Diploma in Graphics and Interactive Media at NULC.  Daniel was chosen for the Student of the Year Award for the Faculty of Art and Creative Studies

Daniel enrolled at the College in 2008 and has progressed through Level 1, Level 2 and is currently completing to a high standard on the Level 3 Graphics & Interactive Media course.

Daniel has overcome much diversity through his studies, with the additional challenge of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, sensory integration dysfunction, dyscalculia and dyslexia.

The former Madeley High School pupil explains why he chose to study at NULC: “When I was younger I came to recreational courses at the College and really enjoyed it.  The staff were attentive and always keen to help you progress.  When it came time for me to enter Further Education I knew that NULC was the place for me. ”

“The staff have been very supportive, helping me to achieve my best.  I have a number of learning difficulties but that has never been a problem when studying full-time.  I have one-to-one support from my tutor during lessons, which helps me to focus on my work and meet deadlines.”

Daniel (blue jacket) pictured with other award winners during the Celebration Event.
Daniel will complete his studies at NULC this year and is planning to work as a freelance animator.

Simon Jones, Curriculum Leader in Graphics and Interactive Media at NULC said: “Daniel has excelled with the course and although he personally feels that university progression is not for him, he is planning to set up his own business and work as an animator with small jobs already waiting on the horizon.”

To find out more about studying Graphics and InteractiveMedia at NULC click here or contact the Information Point on 01782 254254 or info@nulc.ac.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment